Employment Counseling And Litigation
Disputes between employers and employees create tension, reduce job satisfaction and drain productivity. Clark Guldin Attorneys at Law gives clients the tools they need to prevent and resolve their disputes as quickly and cost effectively as possible, thereby increasing the bottom line.
We work with employers in New York and New Jersey to develop and implement best practices for compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws. This helps minimize risk and reduce distractions so employees are more productive and employers can focus on growing their business. When necessary, we defend employment-related lawsuits, including negotiated settlements.
We also work with executive and professional employees in New York and New Jersey who need assistance negotiating on-boarding and severance packages, or who have a dispute with their employer. We guide employees through the often-confusing maze of employment laws and help them secure their careers.
See examples of representative employment matters we have handled.
Employment Law For Employers
We provide small business owners and corporate clients with proactive counsel and situational advice for such employment matters as:
- Hiring and compensation
- Employment agreements (noncompete, nondisclosure, nonsolicitation)
- Job classification (exempt vs non-exempt)
- Leaves of absence
- Firings and workforce reduction layoffs
- Developing employee handbooks and HR policies
- Discrimination and sexual harassment training
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
We also defend employers against lawsuits and claims alleging:
- Harassment or discrimination
- Retaliation or wrongful termination
- Whistleblower retaliation
- FMLA violations (Family and Medical Leave Act)
- Wage and hour violations (e.g., unpaid overtime)
- Breach of restrictive covenants
- Failure to make reasonable accommodations for disability
Our lawyers can push back against employee claims or negotiate amenable resolutions, depending on the merits of the complaint, the potential exposure and the cost-benefit of litigating.
Employment Law For Employees
We also advocate for executives and key employees in the same areas of employment law. We can help you fight for your job, sue for damages or assert your employment rights regarding:
- Severance packages and terms of separation
- Confidentiality/nondisclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Reporting harassment, discrimination or retaliation
- Blowing the whistle on fraud or illegal activity
- Unpaid overtime, bonuses or incentives
- Disability accommodations
- Taking medical leave or family leave