Jonathan T. Guldin
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. - 2001
- Major: College of Engineering
- New Jersey, 2005
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Recognized as New Jersey’s Rising Star by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine
- Selected to Super Lawyers list, 2022
JONATHAN T. GULDIN is civil trial attorney admitted to practice law in the States of New Jersey and New York. Mr. Guldin represents the business community in a wide spectrum of complex business disputes, and has developed a special emphasis in representing business owners in partnership disputes, as well as owners, contractors, subcontractors, and/or suppliers in a broad range of construction-related and real estate development matters. Other representative subject matters include complex contract disputes, land use, landlord/tenant, consumer fraud, and professional malpractice.
Mr. Guldin graduated from Seton Hall Law School, magna cum laude, and immediately joined the litigation department at Lowenstein Sandler PC, an AMLaw 200 firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. While at Lowenstein Sandler, Mr. Guldin became the lead associate in the construction law practice group and, in 2009, assisted in launching the firm’s business divorce group.
In March 2011, Mr. Guldin joined forces with his former colleague, John Clark, at J Clark & Associates, now Clark Guldin. As a partner at Clark Guldin, Mr. Guldin manages the firm’s litigation matters. Unburdened by the “big firm” hierarchy and billing structures, Mr. Guldin is involved from start to finish in every phase of his clients’ matters and is therefore able to better advocate for his clients’ causes and do so more cost effectively at the same time.
Mr. Guldin has scored significant victories on behalf of his clients in state and federal courts, and through alternative dispute processes, such as arbitration and mediation. He regularly appears and argues before the Superior Court and Appellate Division, and has tried multiple cases to verdict. In December 2014, Mr. Guldin successfully represented a client in an appeal to the New Jersey Supreme Court in a land use matter that could change the landscape of local government ethics laws throughout the State of New Jersey.
Jonathan T. Guldin was recognized as New Jersey’s Rising Star by New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine several times over the last decade, and most recently in 2021 was selected as a “Super Lawyers.”*
*The Super Lawyers list is issued by ThomsonReuters. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.
Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process for Super Lawyers has many steps and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars™ program recognizes top, up-and-coming attorneys in New Jersey who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. The Super Lawyers’ recognition is earned only by the top 5% of attorneys in the state and the Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars’ recognition is earned by only the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
- SAADIA SQUARE LLC v. SM LOGISTICS MEMBER LLC, A-3673-20, 2022 WL 17844283 (App. Div. Dec. 22, 2022)
- Duraport Realty Two, LLC v. IMT Steel, LLC, A-3346-20, 2022 WL 2838820 (App. Div. July 21, 2022)
- Samson Elec. Supply Co. v. Famularo Elec., LLC, A-4309-18T2, 2020 WL 5521677 (App. Div. Sept. 15, 2020)
- Piccoli v. Cerra, Inc., 105 N.Y.S.3d 499 (App. Div. 2019)
- Somerville TIC II, LLC et al., v. David Hay et al., A-3863-16T2, 2018 WL 3965957 (App. Div. Aug. 20, 2018)
- Strategic Envtl. Partners, LLC v. New Jersey Dep't of Envtl. Prot., CV 12-3252, 2017 WL 4678199 (D.N.J. Oct. 16, 2017)
- The Irwin Law Firm, P.A. v. Grabowsky, 2017 WL 1151086 (App. Div. Mar. 28, 2017)
- Bd. of Trustees of the Trucking Employees of N. Jersey Welfare Fund, Inc. v. 160 E. 22nd St. Realty, LLC, 2016 WL 4582046 (D.N.J. Sept. 2, 2016)
- Paniagua Grp., Inc. v. Hosp. Specialists, LLC, 2016 WL 1725934 (D.N.J. Apr. 28, 2016)
- Grabowsky v. Twp. of Montclair, 221 N.J. 536 (2015)
- Duramix Concrete Corp. v. Tony Gomes Constr. Co., Inc., 2014 WL 4231400 (App. Div. Aug. 28, 2014)
- Grabowsky v. Twp. of Montclair, 2013 WL 3835357 (App. Div. July 26, 2013)
- Duraport Realty Three, LLC v. Trinity Products, Inc., 12-CV-2305, 2013 WL 775537 (D.N.J. Feb. 28, 2013)
- P.E.M. Const. & Dev. Co., Inc. v. Encap Golf Holdings, LLC, 2011 WL 3802244 (App. Div. Aug. 30, 2011)
- First Fidelity Realty, LLC v. City of Bayonne, 2011 WL 2981361 (App. Div. July 25, 2011)
- Milliron v. T-Mobile USA, Inc., 2009 WL 3345762 (D.N.J. Sept. 10, 2009), aff'd, 423 Fed. Appx. 131 (3d Cir. 2011)
- Big M, Inc. v. Dryden Advisory Group, 2009 WL 1905106 (D.N.J. June 30, 2009)
In the News
- Hoboken Attorney Named to 2010 New Jersey Rising Stars List of Top Up-And-Coming Attorneys, The Hudson Reporter, May 23, 2010
- Jinx! Eatery Co-Owners in Whopper of a Lawsuit, The New York Daily News, September 2, 2011
- NJ Court Considers Conflict Rules for Development Plans, New Jersey Law Journal, December 10, 2014
- New Jersey Supreme Court hears Grabowsky v. Montclair, Star Ledger, December 15, 2014
- Ex-father-in-law fired widower after he found new love: suit, New York Post, March 3, 2015
- State Supreme Court rules in favor of Montclair developer, NorthJersey.com, April 9, 2016
- Montclair on the hook for $123k in legal fees, NorthJersey.com, June 14, 2016
- Englewood mayor voted for project financed by bank he has a stake in, POLITICO New Jersey, June 20, 2016
- Our retirement savings lost in Ponzi Scheme, nj.com, September 12, 2016